Pelynt Boarding Kennels and Cattery in Cornwall
Pelynt Boarding Kennels and Cattery (‘We’) are committed to
protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which
we collect your personal data from you and the way in which it will be
processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and
practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation, the ‘controller’ (or ‘data controller’) is Pelynt Boarding Kennels and Cattery, Higher Tregarrick Mill Farm, Tremaine Cross, Pelynt, Looe, Cornwall, PL13 2LT. Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect different types of information about you for the
- To provide goods or service to you, either at your request or in order to fulfil an existing contract; and
- For our legitimate interests, namely in order to help us monitor or improve the products or services we offer, unless any of those legitimate interests are overridden by any of your interests or fundamental rights and freedom;
When do we collect information?
We collect information about you:
– When you complete a’ Customer Details Form’ when you bring your pet for a stay.
– When we speak to you over the phone during the booking process
Types of personal data we collect?
The minimum information we need from you so we can safely and effectively look after your pet is your name, address, telephone number and email address. We also require your pets name, age, breed and your chosen vets name, contact number and address. We also require any previous or ongoing medical and dietary requirements your pet has. Failure to provide the above minimum information may lead us to being unable to look after your pet.
We may use your data in the following ways:
-To offer a personalised and appropriate level of care during your pets stay.
– To contact you regarding your pet if it becomes necessary to do so.
We also collect technical information about you when you visit our site in order to help us monitor or improve the service we offer. This information includes the IP address used to connect to our site, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform. We will also collect information about your visit to our site, (including the date and time), page response times, any download errors, how long you have visited certain pages, page interaction information including scrolling, click and mouse overs and any methods used to browse away from our site. This helps us to monitor and improve on the service we provide. In doing so, we may use your data in the following ways.
– To improve our site so that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
– For troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
When will we share your personal data?+
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing processes. We will however, share your personal data with the following parties (‘Third parties’), for the following reasons:
-Selected third parties, such as our payment provider, grooming facilities, etc where it is necessary to do so.
-If your pet becomes unwell during their stay we may need to share your details with the vet group which you have stated on your…
We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirements, enforce our terms and conditions (www.pelyntkennels.co.uk and www.pelyntcattery.co.uk) or any other agreement we enter into with you, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our business and other customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where will we store your personal data?
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict safeguarding procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
How long will we keep hold of your personal data?
How long we store your personal information depends on the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it.
We will keep your data for the period of time you use the services of Pelynt Boarding Kennels and Cattery to enable us to contact you. We will not keep your personal information for any longer than necessary, all data will be reviewed regularly and if you have not used our services for a period of five years then it will be removed.
You have the following rights:
1. To request that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (‘Access Request’);
2. To request that we rectify any information we hold about you (‘Right to Rectification’);
3. To request that we erase any information we hold about you (‘Right to be forgotten’);
4. To restrict the level of processing we carry out with your information (‘Restriction of Processing);
5. To obtain from us all personal data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable form, and have this information transmitted to another organisation (‘Data Portability’);
6. To object to our processing your information in certain ways (‘Right to Object’); and
7. To withdraw your consent at any time to our processing of your data.
Please see the relevant sections below for further details on your rights as a data subject. You can exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at email@example.com You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy in any way with how we treat your personal information.
We will comply with any request made under this section as soon as possible, and normally within one month from the date of your request. However, if necessary, for example if your request is particularly complex or we receive a number of similar requests, we may extend this period by an additional two months, but we will notify you if we need to do this.
Please note that where we receive requests under this section which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may:
1. Charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action required; or
2. Refuse to act on the request.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. Please note that in most circumstances, we will not make a charge for this, however we may make a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any further copies requested.
Right to Rectification
You have the right at any time to ask us to rectify any personal data that we hold for you which is incorrect or incomplete.
If we have disclosed any incorrect or incomplete data to any third parties, we shall inform them of any necessary amendments or corrections made to your personal data under this section.
Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you in circumstances where:
1. It is no longer necessary for us to handle your personal data for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
2. You have withdrawn your permission for us to hold your personal data (where this was the basis on which it was collected or used);
3. You object to the processing of the data and there was no lawful overriding reason for us to continue processing your personal data;
4. The personal data was unlawfully processed; or
5. We have to erase your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Restriction of Processing
You can ask us to restrict how we use your data in the following circumstances:
1. Where you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you can ask that we refrain from using your data until we can verify the accuracy of it;
2. Where we have unlawfully processed your data, you can ask that we restrict our usage of it rather than erase it completely; or
3. Where we no longer need to hold your information, but you wish us to retain your information for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim.
You have the right to obtain from us all personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form, provided that such data was processed based on your consent, or for the purpose of a contract between us and the processing was carried out by automated means.
This will allow you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another. Alternatively, we can transmit such data directly to another organisation.
Please note that we will not be able to comply with a data portability request if this will affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to Object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to our processing of your personal data where we are doing this for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (which we will have told you about, if applicable), or where we are carrying out processing for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
You also have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes (to the extent that such profiling is related to such direct marketing). We will have informed you before the time we obtained your personal data whether we intend to process your personal data for this purpose, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our site may contain links to our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. We advise you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.